Shipping a car over a long distance? You’re probably faced with the choice of whether to ship your car with professional auto transport companies, or whether you would be better off arranging the vehicle’s transport yourself.
Examining the Pros and Cons of Shipping a Car
Shipping a car with a professional vehicle transport company has both pros and cons, and it’s important to be aware of these before deciding how you want to get your car or other vehicle from its current location to its new home.
- PRO: With professional auto shippers, you know your car is insured, because it is illegal for a professional car shipping company to operate without appropriate insurance.
- CON: By shipping cars with a professional company, you may not have the same full insurance coverage as your personal car insurance policy. Check with your car shipping company to find out the details on their insurance.
- PRO: When shipping a car with professional auto transporters, your car needs to be cleaned before its pickup, which means it will arrive clean, fresh, and ready for your enjoyment at its destination.
- CON: Your car may not be as clean on the outside if you choose open auto transport. Consider enclosed auto transport if your car can’t be exposed to weather and debris from the road.
- PRO: Shipping a car over a long distance, you get to save the wear and tear that would normally take place, saving thousands of miles that affect your car’s lifespan.
- CON: If you enjoy road trips and want to drive through the country, choosing to ship cars may not be the best idea for you.
- PRO: Finding a professional car moving quote is easy with our instant online quote form, which you can fill out below in just a few minutes.
- CON: Driving your car long distances may not be easy, but it can be done. It may cost slightly less than hiring a company experienced at shipping cars.
- PRO: Your car transport company will take care of your car on its entire journey, leaving you able to make the journey to your new destination stress-free and by a quicker mode of transport.
- CON: It’s hard to deny the ease and stress-free nature of hiring a car transport company, though, if you hire a disreputable transporter, it can be a difficult experience.
Shipping a car with a professional car moving company makes moving your car easier, and there is no con that will counter the peace of mind you get from knowing that.